Life, in general, is about choices..........what to eat, what to wear, where to go, what to do????? We met with Bob's oncologist on Tuesday to discuss his options if he chooses not to proceed with the Stem Cell Transplant.
The C. Diff infection has really taken its toll, and because of the infection, the Stem Cell Transplant scheduled to begin March 14 (this week) had to be postponed.
While in Dallas, we were told by the MM Specialist that Bob would either have to start the SCT process again, by April 1, or go back on Chemo. Because he isn't strong enough to endure the rigors of the SCT, at this time, he'll start another round of Chemo next Tuesday. His numbers are still good, and his oncologist doesn't want the MM to get out-of-hand.
His Stem Cells are frozen - safe and sound at Carter Blood Center, in Dallas. Whenever he's ready, they'll be ready. It's his decision, his choice. If he chooses not to have the transplant, there are still several chemo options available.
Life is all about choices.....